How well do you delegate?
We have all found ourselves saying “If you want something done right you have to do it yourself,” but is that really the case?
One business executive that I encountered has grown her business by delegating everything that “isn’t her genius.” Think about that for a minute. What do you spend your time doing that someone else might be able to do on your behalf? Housework, shopping, filing, paperwork…so many of your daily tasks that can be taken off your list of responsibilities to allow your time to be freed up to expand and focus on what is your unique focus.
I had the pleasure of interviewing Lisa Crilley Mallis who shares her Delegating steps to help focus your choices on what matters now:
1. Decide who is best suited to perform the task.
2. Meet with the individual to make the assignment.
3. State the desired results and establish a time frame.
4. Grant the necessary authority along with the responsibility.
5. Establish a follow-up schedule.
6. Be available to answer questions or clarify expectations.
7. Let go and don’t meddle.
8. Reward or acknowledge the person.
9. Learn from the experience: capture& clarify future expectations.
Watch the entire interview to learn more about the techniques she uses to delegate her way to success.
To learn more about Lisa visit her website: System Savvy Consulting