Get your red pen ready – it is time to cross a few things of your daily “to-do” list.
- Feeling Guilty. As women today there will always be too much to do and too many places to be. Accept that you cannot be everything to everyone and you will have guilt so take that off your list.
- Feeling less than adequate. We all have things we do not like about ourselves. Accept and even embrace these things and move your thoughts elsewhere to things more positive and effective.
- Wishing for tomorrow. Embrace today and all you have in it, tomorrow will be here before you know it.
- Feeling bad about choices you have made. Life happens and we are doing the best we can. Accept where we have been and push forward to a better self.
- Doing too much for others. When we spend all of our time doing for other we sacrifice our own being and initiatives. Give of your time and energy but have limits. Don’t say yes too often to the point where it sacrifices your own goals.
As you look over this list you will find that most are energy zappers – wasted energy that could be put to better use.
My favorite is wishing for tomorrow. I remember as a child, wishing I was a teenager and as a young teen wishing I could drive, and then vote and then drink.
Think of your energy like an ice cold glass of apple cider. Each time you do anything, you must take a sip of cider first. Of course that also means that each time you worry, regret or chastise yourself, you take a sip. Once the juice is gone – so is your energy. You can see how quickly that tasty cider will disappear.
So just go to the well and use your energy for positive behavior, conversations, and thinking. Keep the energy high and focused on moving forward rather than regretting the past that you can’t do anything about anyway.
Use that red pen to cross these five things off your list today and everyday and you will soon feel the pressures of negativity leave and be replaced with joy.
Finally, before you say yes, remember to evaluate your decision based on your goals. Check out my workbook Before You Say Yes.